Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fly of the Week: Bead-head Rainbow Prince

In continuing with my "purple is better" theology, here is a twist on a traditional Prince pattern. This is another attractor pattern. Tell me if you can guess why! Ha ha....

At first glance it looks similar to last weeks pattern, but that is only when looking at these pics(I really need to get a proper fly pic set-up.) The Lite Brite dubbing gives this fly a distinct sparkle, and the rubber "wings" and hackle give it a very different action in the water.

Use it, abuse it, I just hope you don't lose it. Cheers!


Bead-head Rainbow Nymph
Hook: #10 Nymph hook
Tail: Pheasant Tail (I've also been using Brown Marabou recently. Gives it a bit different look in the water, but works well too!)
Body: Purple Lite Brite Dubbing
Rib: Copper wire (trust me, it's hiding in there.)
"Wings": 2 White Rubber Legs
Hackle: Grizzly colored Mallard Flank



No comments:

Post a Comment