Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tenkara is on it's way.

I've decided to bite the bullet and give these new fangled Tenkara rods a try. I ordered the 11' Caddis Foutainhead rod  since it was, quite frankly, the cheapest one they had and I have a little trepidation about getting new and exciting things. It has to do with explaining to the Misses why I need yet another rod while I have all those "collecting dust." Trying to tell her they, like whine, get better with age didn't seem to work too well.

So keep an eye out for a review on both tenkara fishing and these little-known Tenkara rods on the scene.

4 comments:

  1. I think you'll like it just fine. Even if it doesn't sell you on tenkara it will do a lot better job giving you an idea of tenkara mechanics than an adapted western rod (like a crappie rod) would. Good luck, and let us know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see it being good for fishing small dries in tiny pools in the backwoods. But we shall see....

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! 11 ft...good luck! I have enough of a challenge with a 9 ft. heehee It will be interesting to hear another tenkara review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know.... and that's the small one!! But I've been keeping my eye open while driving around and I think I have a few places where I can swing it without hitting a power line.

    ReplyDelete