Saturday, October 16, 2010

Don't you just love the system

It appears that the the PA Senate has adjured for the year without agreeing on a compromise for the Marcellus Shale Gas Extraction severance tax, even though PA Senate Leaders had a written commitment from earlier this year that a tax would be passed by October 1st.

But instead of sticking around and doing the jobs that my fellow PA'ers elected them to do, they are leaving Harrisburg (our capital) to go back to their constituents and campaign so that they can keep the jobs that they failed to do.

You see, there was a lot more than just the Marcellus Shale tax on the books that was supposed o be finished this year, but they didn't get to it. And since they didn't get to it, and this is an election year, and they decided to call it an early.... year (how many of us have that option?) all of the un-passed legislation is now dead and must wait until after the beginning of next year for the new PA Congress to begin the process again.

Let's just say I can't wait until the incumbent PA Senators come through here asking for my vote. I look forward to looking them in the eye and asking why I should vote them back into a job that they never finished.

But on a lighter note, less than one week until my Steelhead trip to Erie. I'm already starting to drool.......

No comments:

Post a Comment