Friday, December 31, 2010
Anyway, here is the first idea, and I have to admit that I think it's pretty neat. It has a certain class to it. What do you guys think?
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Let's see if we can't clear some of this up.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
I placed a few next to some of my "name brand" hooks and there was no visual difference in the quality.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
I'm going to co up to Cabela's (God bless coupons) and take a look-see at what they have.
Can anyone make any suggestions?
Friday, December 24, 2010
I've ordered from Scott's before and have been impressed with their service. (The Bargain Bin is always worth a look. ) If you've never ordered from them, now would be a great time to give them a try, and save a bundle too.
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
All of Pennsylvania remains under a blanket advisory that recommends limiting consumption of any recreationally-caught fish to one meal per week. This advisory is designed to protect against eating large amounts of fish from waters that have not been tested, or for certain species that have not been tested or fish that may contain other unidentified contaminants. One meal is considered to be one-half pound of fish for a 150-pound person.
For 2011, the following new advisories have been added due to mercury contamination:
• Two meals per month advisory for Smallmouth Bass in the Delaware River in Wayne, Pike, and Monroe counties;
• One meal per month advisory for Largemouth Bass in Shohola Lake in Pike County;
• Two meals per month advisory for Largemouth Bass in Lackawanna Lake in Lackawanna County;
• Two meals per month advisory for Largemouth Bass in Stephen Foster Lake in Bradford County;
• One meal per month advisory for Smallmouth Bass in the Susquehanna River in Bradford and Wyoming counties;
• Two meals per month advisory for Smallmouth Bass in the Allegheny River in Warren, Forest, and Venango counties;
• One meal per month advisory for Northern Pike in Conneaut Lake in Crawford County; and
• One meal per month advisory for Largemouth Bass in Crystal Lake in Crawford County.
One new advisory has been added due to PCB contamination:
• One meal per month advisory has been issued for Corbicula (Asiatic Clam) in the Schuylkill River in Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties.
The following PCB advisories have been eased but not lifted:
• Carp in the Monongahela and the Ohio Rivers at the Point in Pittsburgh has been reduced to a one meal per month advisory;
• Channel Catfish in the Ohio River at the Point in Pittsburgh has been reduced to a one meal per month advisory;
• Brown Trout in Valley Creek in Chester County has been reduced to a one meal per month advisory. Note: Valley Creek remains a No Harvest – PFBC Catch and Release All Tackle Regulation.
Consumption advisories have been lifted for the following:
• Lackawanna Lake in Lackawanna County for Bluegill;
• West Conewago Creek in York County for Smallmouth Bass;
• Allegheny, Monongahela, and Ohio Rivers at the Point in Pittsburgh for Freshwater Drum;
• Licking Creek in Fulton and Franklin Counties for Smallmouth Bass.
I up and started to get things ready. While grabbing my trusty 2wt, I paused and looked at the ol' St Croix 9' 5wt. Shaking my head and muttering about "too much rod" I grabbed the 7' 2wt and off I went.
So the next time I was in a fly shop, I took a look around. And didn't see one. As in the next shop and the one after that.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Hatches - Canadian Black Dose
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Find the thread here.
Caution: Stolen boat
Still new to the site but I thought I'd post this for my sake and anyone looking at buying a drift boat. I recently had my Hyde signature series drift boat stolen from me while fishing the South Holston river below the Weir Dam. Just trying to put the word out. From what I have heard boats can travel far quickly so even you guys out west may run into it. Quick description: 06, maroon/white, G4, only floated 4 times so looks new. Also, big rip in the guide seat that I glued a piece of clear vynal over, maroon color matched trailer, all options. Thanks guys
P.S. Homeowners insurance will only cover $1500 of any stolen boat in the great state of NC.
Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
But be forewarned, you will need Flash Player to view it.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
The colors where a white tail with a worm brown body (medium dun hackle), a white tail with a hot pink body (medium dun hackle), a red tail/body with a blue dun hackle, and a neon green with black stripped tail with a neon green body (black hackle.) All on size 14 nymph hooks. The worm brown and the pink really ticked my interest, so I grabbed those two, as well as a few other flies and headed out.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
I already have one design done and am hoping for multiple submissions.
Wish me luck!
Monday, December 6, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Monday was opening day. My uncle has some property attached to his house near here so this is where the family usually hunts (indoor plumbing is nice too.) I got there at about 6am. I don't like tromping through the fields and woods when I can't see jack, so my custom is to sit and drink a cup of coffee while waiting for my dad, whose custom it is to be late.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
But a word of warning, if your not careful, this can start to look like a muddler minnow.
#8 hook (can be tied on 14-6)
Body: Hare's Ear Dubbing
Wing: Inner - Mottled Turkey Quill, Outer - Grey Deer Belly