Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Morning Service

Decided that today was a good day to cross that first item off of this years Bucket List. I had found a stream last year on state game land that had a few trout in it while scouting for whitetail season. It was hot, a drought, and I thought better of fishing for 10 trout in a puddle that was 3' by 4'.  I didn't get a chance to get back before winter but today was going to be my day.


I didn't see any sign of those guys from last year, but I ended up putting the rod away and turning the trip into a nice little hike, so all was not lost.

I also got a chance to try out my MSR water purifier, which I plan to review once I'm pretty sure I'm not going to die. (If this is my last post and it's a week later, DO NOT BUY THE MSR FILTER!!! I might have been hit by a bus in the meantime, but better play it safe)

While walking one of the access roads, I came across a fairly fresh deer trail. Planning to make a mental note of where the deer entered the thicket, I followed it along for a few dozen yards. Then without a sound a whitetail leaped across the road and through the woodland on the other side. No sooner was I done getting over that little surprise than another one did the exact same thing.

And yes, the location is noted.

I eventually came to private property and turned back. While their were no fish to hand, or even a rod in my hand most of the time, it was great to just get out and wander.











2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cool looking area. Too bad the water wasn't in better shape but a good day none the less. If you don't comment back I'll know you didn't survive the MSR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, Day 2 and still no signs of a "zombie infection".

    ReplyDelete