Monday, April 25, 2011

Here Comes the Sun…..block | Shes a ManiYak!

Stumbled on this blog, and post today while trolling the OBN. Post contains some really good info on skin protection from that fiery bugger, the sun.

I hate to say it but I rarely put on sunscreen; namely because I never remember to buy it. But, after hearing story after story of anglers getting skin cancer, I've built up a wardrobe of lightweight pants, long sleeved shirt, and a goofy floppy hat.

Not that it is total protection, but it's better than nothing. but after reading this post, I may go out and get a bottle of sun screen to throw in the back of the van. Maybe one of these days I'll even use it.....

Here Comes the Sun…..block | Shes a ManiYak!



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good advice. It seems like the suns rays are even worse than ever. I have heard some horrible stories about skin cancer, and even lost my grandmother to it a long time back. It is important to use sun block, even if it seems like a pain in the but sometimes. I myself am quite guilty of not using it enough..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that. I've lost people to other types of cancer, and had others tell me of their war stories from their fights with skin cancer. Funny how a little tube of goop can help prevent all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a very good reminder Anthony. I had some skin cancer removed from my nose last year. Luckily it wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. You never have to let your guard down. I don't know anyone who would look good without a nose. If you've seen a photo of me, it's not pretty, but it never really was to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that it's gone for good (the cancer, not the nose.) I know I'm kind of attached to mine. (ba dum bum.)

    ReplyDelete