Monday, January 3, 2011

The Medalist

Are you a Medalist fan? I am. I needed a cheap reel for a 6 wt and picked on up, and after that first cast I think that I used that rod and reel more than anything else for many months afterward.

What's not to love about it? It's cheap, they've been around longer than dirt and their built sturdy enough that I could drop a grizzly if I clocked him with one. (And if anyone tries that, and lives, please let me know.)

Well, the fine people at Fly Fish Ohio seem to also love the Pflueger Medalist. So much so, that they have a multi-part series on their site on all things Medalist.

I'll admit, that I haven't read the entire piece, but what I did I liked.

Here's the link to check it out:

An Angler's Guide To The Pflueger Medalist Fly Reel, A Fly Fish Ohio Technology Exploration

No comments:

Post a Comment