Thursday, September 30, 2010

When it rains it pours.

Woke up this morning to the sounds of rain. Pouring rain. We're talking barrels here. Which is good, because in this part of PA we are desperate for it.


I was thinking of the good fishing to be had this weekend as I was getting ready to run some errands and take my step-daughter to school. Left the house and was driving down the street when I notice that the car was running a little "funny".

Found a spot to pull over just to check the car and low and behold the rear tire was flat. My step-daughter only had about two blocks to go, so she ran to school. I thought about changing the tire with the spare, but between the river I was parked in, the poor visibility and the extreme traffic I figured it would be safer to just grab a can of Fix A Flat, remembering that I read somewhere that they can repair the tire after using it.

Which required me to walk the mile back home to get my wallet, and then another mile to the parts store to get a can of said Fix A Flat.

By the time that was all done I was thoroughly soaked for my trip to the repair shop for a new tire (apparently I read wrong.)

But the fish are getting the rain they need (I keep telling myself this. It's almost working.) All I know is that I will mind this a lot less if I get a lunker this weekend. And if not, well, they fish are getting the rain they need.....

Tight lines and stay dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment