Monday, September 27, 2010

Ant's Special Streamer

It's a dreary, rainy day so I thought that I would catch up on tying some flys. I noticed that I was low on one of my favorite streamers, a pattern I created and called Ant's Special Streamer(very original name, I know.) I've had luck with this one on panfish and bass, and some limited success on trout. I'm going to pit it against some steelhead at the end of next month; we'll see how that turns out.


What I really like about the pattern is that when the light hits it, the synthetics in the tail shine through the grizzly hackle, giving it a very lively and unique quality.

Ant's Special Streamer
Hook: Nymph/Streamer hook, size 10-4. (On the smaller sizes I usually go for a 3X long.)
Tail 1: Red an Silver synthetic hair, similar to Super Hair.
Tail 2: Grizzly Hackle feather.
Body 1: Chartreuse deer tail.
Body 2: Moose Body hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment